08-18-2020, 12:10 PM   #66
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
So I guess all the German vehicles are tanks then. . .
SDH

Yes, most of them are now . . .

No control over the course, and everything is heading toward the Taycan (electric) realm. Mad power and an absolute TANK. From an enthusiasts perspective, I derived next to zero pleasure in driving the Taycan.

At the end of the day, consumers with my interest are not keeping BMW, Audi or Mercedes in business. I get that. Consumers want luxuries/conveniences that come with 'bigger' . . . and power to move it.

However, I am holding on for dear life to the lighter and more enjoyable spirited driving experience. I have other options for driving the kids around.

Forum members can say what they want to justify whatever they want . . . but are they really buying an M2C or M2CS to tote the family around? Seriously?! Cup2 tires and two kids in the backseats sounds like a bit of an oxymoron.

As for your 718 vs 911 weight references . . . there is a reason I chose the one I did and it is very much related to this point.

As for BMW, I really think they missed an opportunity to take the M2CS to another level over the M2C when they failed to drop that 100 to 300 pounds you originally posted.

Finally, I do not like it one bit, but tanks with more power is where we are with things. . . and it is only going to get worse.

///AVM
Appreciate 2
chris7197273.00