View Single Post
      08-18-2020, 11:09 AM   #65
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
It is funny that you mention the weight. I can tell when carrying a passenger in my current car. I'm buying the CS to enjoy more with my wife and kids. Which kinda makes the weight savings argument for CCB pointless I've flip flopped 4 times since yesterday.
Right, it is noticeable sometimes, and moreso in some cars than others. My F30 I don't notice it until I'm up to 4 passengers. The miata - it was immediate. The interesting thing was we tested this a lot back to back on the autocross course etc to see how much of a difference this made in some cars and on 60 second courses with good drivers we found it was negligible - in the noise. Maybe could make an argument for around .1 seconds. So 200 lbs when all out racing in that situation and it made little difference. In some cases we saw improvement (believed to be due to corner balancing).

CCB's are unsprung weight, so a different feel/issue there to consider. Also on this whole issue - fixating over certain issues and not taking into mind all the other variables, and the other items like simply enjoying the cars with others etc is a bit silly in my view, hence my sarcastic post above. We've been over this one so many times in other places and I'll still hold up the 4120 lb Camaro that will leave all these cars for broke on the track as a bit of an argument over the issue of weight mattering on ultimate performance. Hell the Taycan will laugh these cars out of the parking lot on some measures and it's at ~5000 lbs, or if weight is your consideration for sports car then we should be arguing about Exige's or Miatas...
2014 Cayman S

Last edited by sdhotwn; 08-18-2020 at 11:20 AM..
Appreciate 1
EXE462100.00