View Single Post
      08-17-2020, 03:09 PM   #54
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyang92 View Post
I don't know if you can count the suspension kit and exhaust - if you want a true track setup with adjustability you'd likely need to replace the suspension. And the exhaust would probably need replacing since the CS largely sounds the same as the C stock.

So that just really leaves the wheels, front hood and roof - which to be fair, is expensive as hell if you're buying from BMW. But you could buy an aftermarket hood and roof for much, much cheaper, so perhaps this isn't realistic.
I was going off just Harris's comments.

If you are looking for a track car, it's been discussed in other spots - the CS is not the starting platform to go for. It doesn't offer significant advantages if you are going to go through and swap out suspension, swap tunes, etc. The center of gravity differences are not likely worth it.

As far as for my future CS, I'll likely throw on some camber plates for the track days it will see to help with tire wear, and that's about all it'll ever need. It will be interesting to see what the US versions sound like when there are no particulate filters in the exhaust.
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0