08-17-2020, 11:01 AM   #52
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhall1957 View Post
I'm punching out of this tread because it's gotten so off topic. Sure the Renault is a better track car then any street car. I've drive enough of both to know you can't compare. Besides, can't buy that in the USA.
Stop shitting on people's preferences. Renault track is awesome, but not at the expense of some other guys M2 or whatever. That's the problem with more forums is it like everyone whips it out to show theirs is longer. These are comments you'd never make to another drivers face at a track or event.

I've had lots of races car and they can't be beat for the track but to run down the twisties for some fun or a gallon of milk? No thanks!

Car comparisons like Chris Harris' are great because he tries(most times) to be objective AND compare cars that have same intended use and idea. Sure it's fun to see a compo of M2 CS M2 Race but no one get too caught up in it. Inevitably, someone comes into a group who doesn't like that groups car, or can't get one or can't afford one and starts pointing out how you are all fools! Normally it's the Porsche guy who's car doesn't even have a back seat! I've never seen a BMW I didn't like! Some are over done, some are over priced(maybe CS) and some just kiss the mark, but we should crap on what others like! Hell, I'm still trying to figure why anyone buys a Prius!
J

I am sure the Prius gets the job done just fine, you know, for anyone crazy enough to want an affordable and efficient vehicle to drive from point A to point B for a gallon of milk . . .

I agree, who would ever consider buying a sport car without back seats? I mean, where in the world do those Porsche guys ever find room room for a gallon of milk . . . or a child seat when they are going 80mph at 7000 RPM in 2nd gear through the twisties?

Deep breaths . . . we are just talking about cars here.

///AVM
Appreciate 1