2015 Renault RS275R  [9.50]
2019 Renault RS280  [10.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
2018 Audi Q2  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TargaM2 View Post
Sorry to go somewhat off topic but for the record I own both a trophy-r & an m2. Don't kid yourself, on track my M2 wouldn't see which way my Trophy-R went, On road it's a different story. One is a serious track tool with number plates (1200kg, no radio, no air con, no back seat, crfp plastic fenders, aluminium bonnet, thinner glass, no sound deadening, lithium battery, proper lsd, ohlins suspension with composite coil springs, full floating hats, titanium akrapovic, recaro buckets, harnesses, the list goes on) & all that I just listed is straight from the showroom floor. The other is a 1500kg luxury sports car. They're both great cars in their own right but as always it's a case of "horses for courses".
That is pretty damn amazing to be able to buy straight off the showroom! What kind of markup over the standard Megane was it? I had the pleasure of driving a Megane RS265 around the Nurburgring a few years back and it was a fabulous car. I was surprised at how well it rotated for a FWD car and the overall grip and behavior of the LSD etc. Great fun.
It was $65k Aus$, my M2 was $85k Aus$ & performance wise the Megane absolutely shits on it. Don't get me wrong the M2 is a lovely road car & the CS even more so but it's never going to compete with a purpose built car such as the 275-R or a Lotus Exige or a Gt3 etc.