Drives: M2

Garage List
2015 Renault RS275R  [9.50]
2019 Renault RS280  [10.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
2018 Audi Q2  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
In all fairness I think it's sometimes difficult for the reviewers to get enough seat time make an overall judgement. In the environment they were in the suspension may not have behaved as it did in other environments. Fortunately we have forum members with cars in hand.

Here's a review with a bold comment referencing the CS to the megane trophy R. The trophy R time is with a factory driver, and I believe the time referenced is the older shorter track. The newer distance had it at a 7:45 and change. I also find it strange to reference 10yr old Porsches.

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/08/bm...d-audi-r8-v10/

My point is that half the reviews will be nonsense. I think Achilles is honest. As is the users who have said it's great, more livable as a daily. Worth the jump from the OG, but less so from the C.

It's a cool capable car that's worth it to some, but be mindful as it's not chump change so there are options abound that could better suit needs.
Sorry to go somewhat off topic but for the record I own both a trophy-r & an m2. Don't kid yourself, on track my M2 wouldn't see which way my Trophy-R went, On road it's a different story. One is a serious track tool with number plates (1200kg, no radio, no air con, no back seat, crfp plastic fenders, aluminium bonnet, thinner glass, no sound deadening, lithium battery, proper lsd, ohlins suspension with composite coil springs, full floating hats, titanium akrapovic, recaro buckets, harnesses, the list goes on) & all that I just listed is straight from the showroom floor. The other is a 1500kg luxury sports car. They're both great cars in their own right but as always it's a case of "horses for courses".
Attached Images

///AVM2528.00
cptobvious2531.50
Hankdoll135.50
bogeyman106.00