View Single Post
      12-23-2019, 06:13 AM   #56
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
That's interesting assuming you don't have the carbon ceramics. I agree that F90 M5 is a very capable car. I rented one for a day last summer in Munich and in addition to the infamous German autobahn I also took it to some back roads. It actually impressed me more on the twisties than it did on the autobahn (don't get me wrong, it's a rocket on the autobahn but straight line top speed runs gets a bit boring after a few times for me). Also this was a base M5 not a comp. I seriously thought it handled better than my M4C which was on lowering springs. However, a few months ago, I got to drive M5C for about 40min as part of BMW's M Town Tour. Just to make it clear, they handed me the keys and I got to drive it however I wanted without being under the watch of a salesperson. Again, I was very very impressed but jumping into my M2C right after made me realize the size difference and how it contributes to the overall feeling. As I said, I'm still seriously considering the M5C as a family car but unfortunately it's definitely not nearly as fun and nimble as my M2C 6MT (this should be pretty obvious but anyways).
I drove the M5 (not comp) at the M Track Days in Monticello and agree. The M5 is so fast and easier to drive, but not nearly as fun.
Appreciate 0