View Single Post
      01-17-2019, 11:20 PM   #39
F1M2
Registered
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingman View Post
The two I have narrowed my selection down to are the VTT Garrett 3670R and the Speedtech BW EFR7670. It sounds like you and I are on the same path.

I communicated with Tony at VTT and he wouldn't give me a date for the EWG release only to say that the housings are being cast now. I can't figure out why he's casting a new housing anyways and not just using the Garrett complete housing instead of just the CHRA? I also have a concern with a couple of the threads on Facebook in the N55 groups saying VTT has quality control problems and some of their turbos are failing in the field.

I also communicated with Jeff at Speedtech and learned the EFR kit required a bracket to move the water pump since the BW turbo is so large. I asked for pictures, but he didn't provide any. He did say he has a customer with an M2 who ordered the kit, but he hasn't received any feedback on any installation issues.

I'll follow-up with both of them and see if I can get any new details.
Please keep us updated. I am thinking of getting a used 2018 bmw (new model seems to really lowered older m2's price.) I'm leaning towards used 2018 m2 with around 10k miles, getting the 7670 EFR turbo on it WITH external wastegates. I have a Honda S2000 with a 7670 twinscroll set up with dual external wastegates and love the simplicity.
Appreciate 1