nothingman
Private NumNuts
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 GT4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Yup they have a thread about it on the other forum, ewg is coming next. I should have mentioned that lol.

Ideally I would like to have a Borg Warner efr 7670 kit from speedtech, but that's alot of cash for ~470whp-500whp. Nearing the 500whp range a stage 2 hybrid turbo does get iats pretty high, low 400-450ish it's fine but I want a bit extra grunt, especially on pump gas.

Plus these turbos should be alot more reliable for hard track use.
The two I have narrowed my selection down to are the VTT Garrett 3670R and the Speedtech BW EFR7670. It sounds like you and I are on the same path.

I communicated with Tony at VTT and he wouldn't give me a date for the EWG release only to say that the housings are being cast now. I can't figure out why he's casting a new housing anyways and not just using the Garrett complete housing instead of just the CHRA? I also have a concern with a couple of the threads on Facebook in the N55 groups saying VTT has quality control problems and some of their turbos are failing in the field.

I also communicated with Jeff at Speedtech and learned the EFR kit required a bracket to move the water pump since the BW turbo is so large. I asked for pictures, but he didn't provide any. He did say he has a customer with an M2 who ordered the kit, but he hasn't received any feedback on any installation issues.

I'll follow-up with both of them and see if I can get any new details.