Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post

Arma
- $1300 or $1700
- Carbon Fiber
- Closed Airbox
- Replacement Filter - ?? Couldn't find any for sale.

Thoughts - The more expensive one uses a "stainless steel valvtronic filter" which they claim "combats the torque loss experienced at low RPM by many aftermarket intakes" Claims are claims, so who the hell knows. Both use a closed airbox design and are made from carbon fiber. Haven't found examples of how this sounds, but I'm assuming carbon fiber is what causes the undesirable bottle blowing sounds in the Eventuri and Gruppe M intakes, so maybe this one has the same sound.

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
Arma have teamed up with Pipercross here in the UK to adapt their CF intake to use PX intake.

[IMG]https://ssli.ebayimg.com/images/g/Kb...hoG/s-l640.jpg[/IMG]

Not cheap but at least there's no cutting into LH corner brace as there is with Dinan CAI.

FWIW I had Dinan CAI on my M135i and I'd have it again if it weren't for the bodge to make it fit my M2. From logs on JB4'd M135i, Dinan CAI with AFE scoop showed lower PWM, improved throttle response & lowered IAT's.

I ran AFE dry drop + AFE scoop on my M135i before Dinan CAI and this was by far best bang 4 the buck. This relative cheap mod benefit IAT's, PWM and throttle response.

Due to M2 open lower airbox, cant see the benefit of the AFE scoop [compared to sealed airbox of M135i] so my plan fwd, based on my experience with my M135i, is just to put AFE dry drop into my M2's OEM airbox.

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0