Poffman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by imOFP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poffman View Post
I am about to do a Colorado loop for another rally. Where were you in CO?
Colorado Springs, Golden, Longmont then up to Laramie, Laramie to Pendleton, Pendleton home.

We were living in Longmont for a little bit 2 years ago, and Winslow down in the Springs was the only place I could find a very late allocation that was still <= 112 status. Very convenient reason to take time off to get a car and "go home".

Not the exact route we wanted to take but we goofed on booking an appointment with a dealer around the 1200mile mark (BMW Spokane), so opted to take the quick route home.

Just a fair warning that 70 west is closed due to slides. From the Springs we wanted to cut across 160 to 550 and hit up Ouray, then Black Canyon, then make the trek to Montrose, take 50 to Grand Junction, and take a pit stop (64/40/318) at Dinosaur National Monument. Lastly we planned to shoot up to Spokane (fastest route) and take 2 from Spokane all the way home since we live off 2 and haven't driven further east than Steven's Pass.

Beautiful drive still. Wyoming sucks for 99% of the drive, I did it once in December (white-out blizzard conditions) and now in the summer. Sucks year round. Idaho sucks for most of the trip. Things get good in Oregon - I learned you can't self-pump gas and was really confused when a kid came up and opened the tank. Learned a lesson that citys with < 40k people can't self pump? Uhhh okay. I guess we're all kids.

Take pictures. We took 0 after leaving the dealer and I keep little car books for cars I own (dorky but w/e) and now have no real travel pictures for 1400 miles with my family. We were focused on getting home with the miles under 1500 for the 1200mi break-in, and we were successful. #BIGDUMB

Sorry for the Ted Talk.
Thanks for the info!! I'm headed to Denver then a loop around CO for a few days ending up back in Denver. I'm trying to find some ways to lighten it up a bit so I'm not just sitting on the interstate. Will take many pics!

Congrats at the new ride
Appreciate 0