View Single Post
      11-26-2022, 10:27 PM   #10
Drauren
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAxel View Post
When my crankhub slipped I emailed Tier and never got a response, so I'd recommend calling them or something else to try and get ahold of them.

I also reached out to Cliff at TSD Motorsports (Kies recommends them) and Cliff's response was the most thorough response and they were the lowest cost. I really wanted to take it to TSD, but logistically it didn't really make sense for me since the hub was already spun and the 195+mile tow didn't seem like the best choice. If my hub hadn't already spun I likely would have used TSD. Also TSD followed up with me a week or so later to check in with me and see if there was any damage. Cliff and his team seemed very knowledgeable, thorough and caring. I don't have any actual experience with getting work done by them, but I strongly recommend hitting them up if it makes sense for you.

I also hit up AAG in Sterling, they were a little cheaper than RRT, but they use the Vargus hub and I wanted a pinned hub

I ended up taking it to RRT, they're 10 miles from me, they were able it get me in pretty quickly, and I've used them for other things, so I felt most comfortable with them. They're definitely pricy, but I'm happy with the work they performed.

I also had a friend of a friend recommend "Dale" who used to be a BMW tech, and has apparently done some crankhub jobs. I didn't reach out to Dale so I'm not sure what he'd charge. I'm sure he does good work, but wasn't sure I felt comfortable having someone do it in their garage. If someone is interested in going this route, I can try to get you in touch with him.

I picked up the car from RRT on Monday, in addition to the crankhub, they ran into some issues with the vanos solenoids and replaced them as well.
What'd they charge you if you don't mind me asking, and was your car tuned?
Appreciate 0