View Single Post
      08-10-2019, 07:58 PM   #15
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C - X3M - Turbo E46 M3 - 45E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer28312 View Post
I'm located in the bay area and luckily there's a tuner who handles ecutek but mainly for Subaru's so we'll see how it goes when they respond to my email. What kind of tune did you do/have? World of difference to stock? Did you have a custom tune done?
Ethanol content sensor sends signal to the canbus...no loading a tune for E85 or Pumpgas switching of fuels) this is what I'm exited about as I plan to run full E85
My tune right now is fully custom and honed to my requests. I've had Bend Calibration do the tuning on my 1050rwhp E46 M3 for the past decade and he's been tuning my M2C along with his own F80 M3 on Ecutek with lots of data. He also tuned on BM3 but found it lacking by comparison. For what it's worth all my tuning has been done remotely so you definitely should keep that in mind when choosing a tuner...especially if they haven't had much work on BMW's.

I'm not sure the power my M2C is making but I'm sure I'll get it back on the dyno once the calibration has been dialed exactly. I would guess the power is somewhere around 500whp on my latest calibration with a flat torque curve. All the new racerom features have opened a lot of new configuration options.

I'm also very excited about the true flexfuel calibrations and this was the main reason I chose Ecutek. I have my flex fuel sensor and new fuel lines being installed right now as per my own design. I had previously inquired with Fuel-It on their flex fuel kit however it was way overpriced and I did not require their proprietary bluetooth flex sensor. They were unwilling to sell just the fuel line kit but I'm happy it forced me to design my own as it's far superior imo. I will post pictures in my build thread when it's complete.