View Single Post
      08-06-2022, 06:01 PM   #93
Leaveatrail86
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
The fear of ethanol has been blown out of proportion imo, BMW fuel systems use teflon lines so no issues with ethanol degrading lines or tanks. The low and high pressure fuel pump will need to be upgraded to run full e85, but once that is done then there is no issues with corrosion on those either. The injectors should be fine with full e85. Take a look at the bmw 320i active flex available in brazil, it utilizes the n20 engine and is built for full e85 or gas use. A quick browse on real oem specifying the brazilian 320i did not show any variations in engine, fuel injector, pistons from a regular n20 so the whole fear of corrosion is overblown imo. I will try to find an active flex car's vin to really get accurate information.

To make it a fool proof solution use:
1) Top cylinder lube: https://www.powerpluslubricants.com/...ERTOPLUBE.html
This will eliminate all lubricity issues present with E85

2) Ethanol stabilizer: https://www.goldeagle.com/product/st...60-protection/
This will eliminate any corrosion concerns due to moisture.

This pretty much solves the two large issues with running e85. The only cons now is the reduced fuel economy which shouldn't matter too much if you live in the US and the government subsidizes e85 costs. You also get higher octane fuel and the evaporative cooling effect which is great if you like to track you car.
I’ve run into you before looking for advice.

I’ve learned my injectors had failed. A few weeks ago cyl 6 injector failed, now last night it was cyl 1. Dorch stage 2 hpfp, fbo, plugs gapped correctly. My blend is just like zm2 at e40 exactly. So if the injectors can handle e85 just fine why did my injectors go out? Exactly. I stand with op’s original post. Our m2’s just don’t do well with e85. You have to upgrade the entire fuel system it seems. Sheesh
Appreciate 0