View Single Post
      03-04-2020, 10:17 AM   #462
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Please stop spreading mis-information. The VRSF 6.5" Competition HD along with the 6.5" Race FMIC were both designed using CFD analysis and both incorporate incredibly efficient cast end tanks. The fin packs were specifically engineered to provide the best balance between external cooling and internal flow. There's nothing old school about our intercoolers

The VRSF 6.5" Race will outcool EVERY intercooler you've listed and it's currently featured on both the fastest N55 powered car along with the highest horsepower. It's less expensive because we don't slap on a BMW tax like the other brands mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
I’ve narrowed my search down to 2 intercoolers - 3 maybe.

ER - the prior best intercooler. You don’t hear about it much anymore, but I’ve never seen anything bad about it, or anything compared to it really.

VRSF 6.5 and/or Race - Not sure this is the same, but these just get things done. They are old school. No rounded end ranks, or fancy design. It’s straight up big and that’s how the job gets done. It’s also cheaper.

ATM/CSF - I’ve read a ton. The most track worthy, holds records for fastest N55 (until recently I believe - I’m tired, I was up all night reading) the ATM should flow better and have less lag than the CSF, both are better than the Evo 2 from every test I’ve seen. Also cheaper.

Why not:

AA - too small. (Goes for all 5”cores)
eBay - Garbage
Wagner - Evo 3 has no test, the Evo 2 is outright inferior to the others mention in absolute cooling. Even the claimed faster recovery doesn’t measure up on the track where it heats up quicker and higher than the rest, and it’s smaller meaning it’s absolute ability to hold heat is lower.
Do88 - same as the Wagner. It’s better in terms of absolutes keeping temps, but it was 5* vs 10* or so for the ATM/CSF. No reason to buy this over the other more capable options.
Here's a 2nd through 4th gear pull with our 6.5" Race FMIC. The starting temp is 89 degrees and ends at 86 degrees. 3 degrees lower than the initial starting temp.

Here's another set of logs from a customer who upgraded to the VRSF 6.5" Race FMIC from the Wagner Evo 2. He was seeing a 75 degree increase (37F - 112F) with the Wagner Evo 2 on a 2-5 gear pull where the VRSF only saw a 39 degree increase (50F to 89F).

Last edited by Tiago@VRSF; 03-04-2020 at 10:37 AM..
Appreciate 0