View Single Post
      03-13-2019, 01:34 PM   #43
Cortexiphan
Major
Rep
Drives: 24' BMW iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
BMW has reached peak pretentiousness - which seems to be their priority. Imagine if they gave half a shit for driving dynamics... I can't even laugh at this anymore.
You don't have to give a shit to implement a thing that you already have in Rolls Royce to BMW. And BMW's focus is definitely driving dynamics. Marketing focus can differ based on what people are attracted to, but they definitely care most about driving dynamics. Developing Mxdrive system, Porsche-level Electronic stability control, absolutely best transmission in business, keeping 50-50 balance despite all the changes, reducing the weight all accross the range, developing completely new suspension and steering are infinitely more expensive to develop than non-spinning wheel caps that you already have. I mean, for years when market was shifting to AWD cars, I was worried that BMWs would feel like Audis. But I have a 540i xdrive now, it feels like a RWD car all the time. M850i, M340i xdrive versions can even do donuts. What BMW is doing just with driving dynamics is very impressive, and I'd guess most of their R&D goes to driving dynamics by a huge margin. BMW cares most about driving dynamics, as seen in almost all reviews & comparisons. Cynicism might be ok sometimes, but when it defies logic and reason, it needs to be challanged.
21’ G20 ///M340i

24' i20 iX xDrive50

Last edited by Cortexiphan; 03-13-2019 at 01:41 PM..
Appreciate 0