01-09-2019, 10:47 AM   #39
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulmate View Post
I live in Reno, NV. When I bought a used X1 from BMW Concord in CA it was a pain to deal with the registration and taxes. Plus Concord refused to let me drive the car off the lot, I had to transport it; this even though it turns out I was charged CA registration fees...unbelievable. Then I had to wait at the DMV twice because smog check rules in CA are different than in NV. (this doesn't apply to new cars of course)

I looked at one from Peter Pan, and supposedly they would've let me drive it off the lot.

With the M2C from my local dealer, I can register the car online, plus a grace period to get my insurance.

Personally, I prefer to wait for an allocation/delivery rather than jump through hoops buying out of state. Guess I'm not enough of an enthusiast lol.
What a mess, that's one of my concerns about getting a car from out of state. I guess I'll have to do a lot of research before pursuing an out of state car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aWanderlustSeoul View Post
When I look on autotrader there are over 100+ M2Cs available in the US (Manual and DCT combined) and not all of them appear to have a dealer markup.

Other than exterior color, seat color, transmission, and possibly adding a moonroof or executive package there should be plenty of M2Cs to choose from without having to wait for a dealer allocation unless folks are interested in EUD. The options for this car is fairly limited so I didn't really care about exterior color and was open to all colors except SO and BSM - my last two cars were black and I want a less high maintenance color that looked ok with having to clean/wash it all the time.

And based on my experience, I also disagree that most dealers are only providing allocations to existing customers. Maybe this is more true for Porsche and other higher end and exotic manufacturers but it's not like the M2C is a limited production car.

I'm beginning to think this is largely an issue with Oregon dealerships and it's where I've gone terribly wrong with my car search. Just yesterday I called the other dealership in Portland to make sure I was still on their allocation list for 2020's. Nope. They took me off it, said they have more names than allocations they'll possibly get. I even specifically asked that they keep my contact info in case of customers cancelling orders. They refused that as well and told me to contact dealerships in California. They'll sell me a different BMW but they won't sell me an M2C. Now out of principle I can't work the two largest dealerships in Oregon. lol

But I'm very encouraged by the number of discounted M2C's that are out of state so I feel no pressure to pay a dealer markup if my goal for a European Delivery falls through.

Check these out:

$2,613 below MSRP: https://www.rickhillimports.com/new/...98ceaaf7ee.htm

$2,900 below MSRP: https://www.bmwofweststlouis.com/new-vehicles/m2/

And this one shows on Autotrader as $3,500 below MSRP. Wow! https://www.bmwdelraybeach.com/new/B...13086f3af8.htm

There are also a few I've found discounted under $1,000 so there are plenty of options. I can't complain if the year ends and I still don't have an M2C in my garage.
Appreciate 0