04-26-2018, 09:12 AM   #47
Endeav
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BRG G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
@Endeav Dual CM10 alone can support up to 25psi with stock fueling no problem whatsoever. PI is only needed with Ethanol on high boost.

In addition, I'm surprised in your case pump gas can handle 21psi up top with PS2. I've seen a lot N55 PS2 struggling with timing at 18-19psi (up top of course) on pump gas.

Keep pushing and good luck! I don't see anyone else has made what you're aiming at.
I was very surprised as well and was even beginning to think that I might not need the PI kit until I experienced my first HPFP crash lol. Turns out, at 21 PSI as long as you go WOT at < 3000 RPM - the CM10 keeps up with fueling all 6 cylinders. However, if you try and go WOT anytime above 3000 RPM - especially in a lower gear, the HPFP crashes within 500 RPM. I think the reason is two-fold, one, the CM10 really is too small to keep up with the demand, and two, the CM10 is located in the charge pipe and takes a bit to actually "quench" the intake air with methanol and provide a steady stream to all 6 cylinders.

Once I experienced that "bottleneck" / HPFP crash I knew the port injection had to go on. I tackled the install yesterday and the install is pretty straight forward. The DME plugs can be tricky and a second set of hands makes removing the intake manifold significantly easier. Here are some pictures of the Fuel-It PI Methanol rail installed.

The methanol feed for the injection rail is on the firewall side, and the return line can be seen in the middle of the rail underneath the Fuel-It logo. You do have the option of putting a return line on the very end but it is extremely tight on that side with the HPFP being there - I wouldn't recommend it. The return line right now is plumbed to a CM10 nozzle - I will be dropping this down to a CM5 nozzle once it arrives in the mail. This product is extremely high quality and I would not hesitate to recommend it anyone looking for more fuel volume. Combine it with the BMS PI controller and you've got yourself a very advanced system which can be tweaked on the fly via iPhone/Android app.

I went out for a quick drive last night to verify the system was in fact working. Logged a run with just the CM10 nozzle spraying - my fuel trims were in the ~35 range once peak boost hit. I then relogged with the PI system enabled and in the same RPM range, my fuel trims had dropped all the way down to ~11-15. For anyone not familiar with JB4 logging values - anything above 25 means the DME is adding fuel, anything less than 25 means the DME is reducing fuel flow. Seeing lower trim values when the PI is on means the PI system is in fact working because the DME needs to inject less fuel to keep up with the demand. Long story short, the PI is lessening the workload of the OEM fuel system.

My Dragy has also arrived. I haven't had much time to play with it just yet. I'll definitely get that working by the end of the week and hopefully be able to post some times!

Last edited by Endeav; 04-26-2018 at 11:21 AM..
Appreciate 1