06-25-2020, 11:33 AM   #194
SafariEdition
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
I'll rephrase:

Is it doable? Sure, but you either need to have a prepped race car or be a crazy person.

That setup will only fit up front on a lowered car with some serious fender work, or you likely won't be able to lower it much. And, there's no way it's a true square setup, unless you're going to run a 20-25mm spacer up front.

Plus, if you get it to work it's going to throw all kinds of stuff all over the side of the car b/c the tires stick out so far.

I see the tagline in your signature, so IDK, let us know what you decide to do.
Ohhh rest assured...I'll be making terrible decisions again... luckily, I have the resources to help me test things and see just how dumb I am

I agree, I think the overall offset is going to need to be somewhere around +15 to not have contact with the shock. With a fender roll, maybe it'll work? I'm running 275's all around right now without any issues, so another 10mm on each side SHOULD be possible with camber and a fender roll. I'm not too concerned about the getting crap thrown on the side of the car as I'll only be running the 295's for competition use, and will otherwise run the stock sizes for DD use...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
Lol I came to this thread to find info on what fits before going back to our other conversation elsewhere . 295 Yoko is a big tire, I have my doubts on fitting it up front usably on the M2. I guess I need to take a closer look a the Tyspeed car.
: Heres to looking at seeing you in STU next season! Unless you guys are just gonna run the new vette full time?

I think the 295 yok could fit on the front in stock form...just with maybe some rubbing at full lock. I havent tried it because well...I just dont see a reason to run the yok's with how little camber the M2 can get up front in BS set up...yok's arent any faster than the other tires without camber, and they die faster then too...so for now the 275 goodyears are doing just fine