View Single Post
      08-03-2019, 09:58 AM   #29
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post
Of course I understand your opinion and respect it a lot. I tried running more Ethanol and could never get to any point better than reliably running 91 OTS before running out of HPFP, and that was in the summer.

I really envy those that can run the E30 map, which is based on 93 + E85 to get to E30, and therefore better than I could ever get with my pump gas.

When I was running an Ethanol blend, it was doable, but I ended up driving around with a gallon of E85 in the trunk most of the time in case I needed to fill up, which was annoying and potentially dangerous.

I'm carrying 500ml of pre mixed 50:50 water:methanol now in case I run out, but it's been nearly two thanks of street driving and the low fluid light hasn't come in yet. 50:50 water:methanol is less flammable as well.

In my case, I'm doing WMI primarily for octane and fueling, IAT reduction is nice, but wasn't the primary reason by any means.

Thanks for that... Send like STG2 is quite a bit of an improvement, lag aside, over STG1. I trust your opinion on this because I know you have first hand experience of both.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I certainly don't need a STG2, turbo, but as with the WMI, it would be a fun project for sure.

Do you think is need to upgrade my HPFP as well if I go STG2 and already have WMI? Things start to get expensive at that point!
Any idea what the additional fueling benefit is for WMI vs ethanol?

All things being equal, does 93 octane + WMI & tune make more or less power than 93 octane + E85 (to get E25-E30) and tune?

And, would WMI add enough additional fueling to run E30 all the time to not crash the HPFP, even in cooler weather?

Last edited by ZM2; 08-03-2019 at 01:32 PM..
Appreciate 0