08-23-2016, 11:15 AM   #23
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowflash21
So my "friend" decided to go with 300v Trophy 0w40, the same Oil that is highly recommend for GTR, and any high performance sport car

He got X5 for which he get rid of bmw warranty from the first day as this oil is not LL approved and he wanted to keep the car for very time period, so he started to fill it from his first service, and after 150k miles not a single problem he had with it engine or turbo.

It costs twice more than any regular oil, and it's recommended to be changed around 5-6k miles.

I'm looking forward to see the difference and let you know.
The long life part is so you can leave it longer. If you change often that is good. The problem is if you don't use LL01 and go two years 15k Mike between changes. The thing is that direct injection is harder on oils than port injection and even with LL01 rating I would not go the long intervals. I'm not sure which X5 your friend had but if it was not turbo and direct injection it wouldn't be the same as the M2 which is. I think Motul is great but just posted the info in case someone wanted thicker oil that met all of the BMW requirements.
Appreciate 0