View Single Post
      06-13-2017, 06:28 PM   #25
emdeuce
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 ZL9 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex12psi View Post
I'm finding that the mp coils use a very wide diameter spring. This limits the amount of front negative camber I can achieve using my camber plates. I can't go too inboard otherwise the very large spring hits the chassis inside the wheel well. I think aftermarket coilovers use a smaller diameter front spring so this allows for a ton of adjustability.

Also the on track performance of the mp coilovers were marginal. Ok but not moton or ohlins amazing.

And the mp coils don't go low enough. With 18x10 track wheels all around there's a lot of wheel gap and I'm looking to go lower. Maybe that'll help me get more neg camber. The only way to go lower is NOT use the rear spring perch adjuster. The front collar has a lot of adjustment so I'm not worried about that. You're limited by the rear tho.

It's a good street set up. Not recommended for track or a lot of adjustability. If I could do it again I wouldn't have bought the mp coils and instead something like KW or better
I agree on the height. They come at the lowest setting for the rear springs and are close to stock suspension height. I measured the spring off the car and its a whopping 10 inches tall. I've confirmed the front and rear are 60mm. I'll be swapping the rears out for 8 inch tall springs. Im hoping this will work perfect for all ride heights. The only mystery is spring rates.
F15 X5 35d - 2014-2017
E36 M3 - 2009-2016
Appreciate 0