SEAT TIME RULES
Major
Rep
Drives: 20 BMW M2C 17 Mazda MX-5 RF

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
I expect it will be significantly more mellow and easy to listen to with much better separation. The stock system is very harsh and tiring over any extended length of time. It's the same crappy amp so I'm expecting tonal improvement primarily. The speakers themselves feel high quality but they wont be moving a lot of air.

The other piece of the puzzle is the very high noise floor in the M2 due to lack of sound deadening, particularly the areas next to the rear seats. Acoustically is a pretty terrible environment, I think they went way too far removing sound deadening, a lot of which didn't weigh much at all.
There are two camps on improving the system in the M2.

One is the route I took, replace the speakers with much higher quality ones.

The other is a Amp like the Match UP 7. In all the threads each group feels that they solved their cars problem.

If you can replace all then that's great. Like a Bav Sound setup.

Unless the OEM Pre-amp is complete garbage, which its not, I firmly believe that swapping out the front speakers and disconnecting the center one makes a HUGE Difference. Then after a couple weeks I also replaced the rears. They had much less of an overall impact than the door and sail speakers. I have not replaced the under seat subs, but my days of needing low base clarity are well past me at this point :-).

This long post really helped me on my decisions:

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1236238

I'm getting closer to swapping out my OEM AMP as well with a MATCH UP 7 but I'm having a hard time thinking its going to make anywhere as much of a change as the front speakers did.

YMMV,
HAZMAT
My 2020M2C Build: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1696726

Last edited by SEAT TIME RULES; 03-21-2020 at 08:25 PM..
Appreciate 2
gphung193.50
AndrewC198910931.00