View Single Post
      03-15-2020, 12:17 PM   #17
csg
always learning
Rep
Drives: fast, takes chances

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
So what is the situation there? I know you guys are in lockdown what does that really mean? How/when do you get out to buy groceries/food? Whats open and what's closed? Just wondering what may be us in a few weeks. Thanks, and hope you guys recover soon, and you have your M2
Thanks! Yeah, a lot of frequently asked questions out there, as it’s pretty unprecedented. IMO the US won’t get to this point of lockdown but that’s not because of the spread, it’s because of America

You can leave your home for one of three reasons:
1) To go to work/back home (lots of nonessential people have been put on admin leave, lots of closed businesses so this eliminates a large percentage of the population)
2) medical appointments (essential medical appointments are the only ones allowed in Italy right now, nonessential appointments have been postponed/cancelled)
3) for reasons of “necessity” (which is where subjectivity comes to play). You can go to the grocery store, to get gas, go to the bank/post office, and that’s about it.

The good news is the stuff you’re seeing in the US isn’t happening here. Grocery store supply chain is easily able to keep up with demand. TP on the shelves, produce pretty available.. Basically I’m in “go to work, then home” mode for 3 more weeks before they‘ll make a call. Cases are still climbing rapidly here so we’ll need the curve to flatten pretty quickly before Italy starts changing things.

My best advice for everyone is to stay at home unless you need to leave. The essential part of containing this virus is preventing its spread by reducing interactions with as many people as possible.
1997 Land Rover Defender 300TDi (ours)
Appreciate 2
JCZ51482.50
Tag18155.00