View Single Post
      02-11-2020, 04:19 PM   #73
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Really considering this Turner intake for the additional sound, but I'm worried about the oiled filter, and the warranty. Anyone had any more issues with them?
I made a post about oiled filters a year or two ago showing actual scientific research by scientists that oiled filters are completely fine for cars with MAFs, let more clean air pass through to the engine, and do a better job at filtering than dry paper filters. Then people replied saying things like "That's all marketing to sell more oiled filters" Instead of arguing and disproving the scientific research. Or replied with "but my buddy got a CEL after using an intake with an oiled filter" while completely ignoring that people get the same CEL on intakes with paper filters.

I don't have the links to the studies on me. I'm sure you can google them to find them (that's how I got them). But I still stand by that oiled filters are the better filter. And I've run oiled filters since 2013 with no issues. Even the times I've cleaned the filters and applied way too much oil before reinstalling them. Though you shouldn't over oil the filter just because less air will be able to pass through it. (air cannot pass through oil) not because it will damage the MAF.
Appreciate 1
fleetfoot120.00