12-21-2019, 12:39 PM   #54
av.7447
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E39, E60 M5, F06 M6, F15, F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
When it comes to tracking an M2C (or pretty much any street legal M car for that matter, maybe except for M4 GTS), you'll be very disappointed if you go to the track with a 100% bone stock car. I still remember doing that in my first track day with my M4C and at the end of each session brake pedal would go to the floor without any exaggeration. So you need better pads and fluid at the minimum. Secondly, Michelin PSS is great for street but average at best for track duty unless you are a novice. On top of this, M2C comes with 265 rears while having the exact same torque figure as M3/M4 and almost same power as the base M3/M4. In other words, it's very under-tired in stock form. My M2C is far from stock with coilovers, 275 square NT01s for track, aftermarket BBK etc. (3420lbs with full tank) and I can confidently say that it's a much better track car than my previous M4C. Objective proof is my laptimes but the subjective proof, which is the most important one for me, is the fun factor. I loved my M4 but I must admit I never had as much fun on the track as I did with my M2C. To summarize, M2C is such a joy to drive especially when you tweak couple things for the track.

That being said, we are planning to start a family and I might actually do the opposite switch (M2C to M5C or E63S Wagon) in the near future.
I actually think that my M5 is an absolute beast on a track. The only real issue that I have found with it is the stock Pireli’s were overheating after 4-5 laps while the brakes had absolutely 0 fade. That might be an easy fix by simply swapping to the track tires, but I have yet to try that... I also miss the manual and the m5 is pretty boring to drive on the street. I guess I will keep my M5 for now and see what the new M3/M4 will have in store for us when it’s released.
Appreciate 0