View Single Post
      10-22-2019, 12:05 PM   #198
Expert@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyAggie View Post
Wheels and tires on with the 265/295 R888r setup. Definitely happy with the look and happy about the tire size. However, my goal was to acquire wheels that provided the contact patch I was looking for without spacers which these wheels do not achieve since I have the M Performance coilovers. Can't win them all I guess.
Thanks for sharing the photos! The car came out great with the Anthracite wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN_M2C View Post
Expert@ApexRaceParts any plans on any other M2C specific setup that doesnt require spacers and that is lighter than this EC7 setup? Been waiting for you guys to launch something else Competition specific.

This is a great question. Just to clarify, the 19x9.5" ET28 EC-7 does not require spacers when used with stock suspension or lowering springs. Spacers are only needed when using certain adjustable coilovers like KW, Öhlins, or the BMW M Performance kit which is made by KW.

To avoid spacers with the setups mentioned above, the 19x9.5" ET22 can be used, but it will require camber plates and around -2.0º or more of front negative camber in order to clear.

Coilovers can be used with the ET28 without spacers with the correct spring configuration. This means a short linear main spring without helper springs, and a smaller strut body diameter which can be found on dampers from JRZ (we sell these), MCS, Moton, etc.

--Dylan