View Single Post
      10-10-2019, 08:35 AM   #31
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Understood. So, does switching to a PS2 reduce heat that much vs Dinan? And, do I not just end up generating as much heat (albeit, with more power), if I up the boost with a PS2?

The other consideration is lag during daily stop & go driving. There's only a tiny bit more lag than stock with the Dinan turbo, but I'm guessing it's pretty noticeable with the PS2.
Making same boost especially high boost, PS2 will reduce heat from Dinan on both cold and hot end with less shaft speed and backpressure.

Dinan turbo is virtually no more lag from stock. That I 100% confirm, from road testing, datalog and dyno sheet (see attached 4th gear pull on dyno, same day). That being said, stock turbo is a bit lag in the first place like you said.

PS2 has noticeably more lag everywhere, even on the fly. Also evidenced from log, it shows a 800~1000rpm lag from stock tested on 3rd gear. This is one of those things in life, all about give and take.

At the end of day, what's the point of having a bigger turbo? The lag - you get it on every tap of throttle, the power - how much more of it do you need in return? Once you're clear, you know if it's worth it.

Personally I'd go as far as octane supports (pump gas in my case) and pick the fastest spooling turbo for it.
Attached Images