View Single Post
      09-11-2019, 09:40 PM   #118
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
///M2 CS is gone be hard to get. Allocation gone be a B.... to get.
Sad that people can't wait to be revealed....most of us won't be able to get one
Quote:
Originally Posted by M 4EVER View Post
You are right on that one. I called 8 dealers and everyone has people on the list already waiting
Quote:
Originally Posted by M 4EVER View Post
Good luck getting one.
This is total BS, called 7 dealers and have no chances getting one WTF
Sorry to hear that.

I stand a good chance in getting an M2 CS allocation if I want to. All it takes over here: visit a dedicated BMW website on Sep 17, 2019 at exactly the time that pre-order registration starts, quickly register, pay the reservation fee and normally you're in. Only thing that can go wrong: registering just too late (limited number of cars allocated on a "first come, first served" basis - all equal).

Why can't BMWNA do something similar (website - first come, first served) ?

Speaking for myself, my current mindset about getting an M2 CS or not, is as Suzanne Vega describes in her bittersweet "Caramel" song: in the past I was tempted to take the opportunity, but now I'm at peace with letting it pass (99% chance). Though I recovered pretty well from some serious leg injuries sustained last year in a motorcycle accident, that whole "experience" made me approach situations from new angles (to which, by the way, I'm regularly reminded each time the titanium plates and more than a dozen screws set off alarms in most airports). "So goodbye, sweet appetite, no single bite could satisfy"...

ChiTownM1045.50