06-11-2019, 03:55 AM   #12
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post

I installed KW V3 Street Performance coilovers in my 2016 pre-LCI M2. I have placed an order for Vorshlag camber plates but I’m still awaiting delivery. I will update this post after stage two of the installation.

Prior to commencing installation, my M2 was aligned to factory specifications. Please note I refer to decimal degrees, not degrees and minutes as you will see in some references. Front was -1.5 camber, 0.16 (2mm) toe. Rear was -1.8 camber, 0.26 (3mm) toe. I have OEM 437 wheels with 245 & 265 MPSS tyres.....

After setting the ride height on the front, the camber was remeasured and found to be -1.65 on both sides...…

.....Unless you track the car, there is simply no need to try and get more negative camber on the front so the factory strut tops will serve you well. However if tracking (which I do) more negative camber is desirable and thus camber plates become necessary......

To summarise, changes brought about by lowering:

Slight increase in front camber – this is beneficial. No change in toe – however, plenty of adjustment is available either way if needed using factory tie-rods.

Large increase in rear camber. If neutralised (recommended) this causes a secondary large increase in rear toe which also need to be neutralised. Eccentric bolts for camber are within limits but for toe they are close to maxed out. Aftermarket options are available if your needs are more extreme.

I hope you find this useful. Stay tuned for part two after I get the Vorshlag camber plates install
OP,

Great write up and thanks for taking the time to share.

FWIW - my experiences are same/similar to yours wrt front camber tweaks albeit I installed MPerf coilovers.

Stock -1.5deg
MPerf - 1.7deg
Mperf + oem camber correction hubs -2.1deg - as per recent alignment chart below

Like you, I track my car but it's also my DD so I've managed to get more than -2deg front camber, IMHO is about max for a DD, using OEM parts [no NVH/dealer/warranty issues] w/o camber plates.

Granted, if more camber for TD's ie -2.5 and more then either camber plates, adjustable LCA bushes from K-Mac or SPL adjustable LCA's are options.

BP