First Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 LCI 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayEOD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
REMUS is not quieter, its a different tone.

MPE is high pitched, REMUS tone is deep and aggressive

I like it better because it sounds really good with and without downpipes.
Thanks Mike! That's what I thought but was little confused by the post above.
I said slightly. There is a comparison on 2ertalk.de forum done by a guy who had MPE and then switched to Remus (both with hjs 300 cat) and thats what he said after having both. It's marginal difference and he said that Remus is deeper and more sophisticated in sound and loud AF so no worries it's a win-win over the MPE anyways.

I'm buying this one for sure, just let's be factual and make an informed decision.

Google translated quotes from user e36 on 2ertalk.de
Quote:
Is the Remus with open flap (continuous open with Bimmerlink) equal loud as the MPE?

I would now say that the Remus permanently open about 80-90% of the MP-AGA volume reached.

This morning I'm driving the Remus with closed flaps (over bimmerlink manually closed). In this mode, the Remus is again a little quieter than PP with closed flaps.

The original flap control probably opens the flaps even in the comfort mode at certain driving conditions. In the MDM mode, the flaps originally also appear to be open. For me now a new learning process.

I already have it. When Remus the flaps over the normal control of the vehicle to be controlled. On the MPE via the remote control. That really is a difference. As a result, the Remus is often or mostly louder than the MPE with closed flaps. If you are at the Remus in Sport / Sport + is on the way, but it is not as loud as the MPE with open flaps. The spreading in the volume is less with Remus .
The MPE has the drone with open and closed flaps at 120-140 km / h. Here is Remus enjoyable. At least on the previous, 150 km.

So Remus and hjs dp is already loudly loud! In Padborg on the track I already had stress with the racing commisar! The make on the straight line measurements and I am in the
drive with 109 dB louder than my buddy with nen w204 C63 without medium-sound attenuator! They have all said that the furnace sounds like a Nissan gtr with Akra plant!

After a few weeks or months with MPE and Remus , I am still more convinced of Remus !

Last edited by Benef1cient; 05-16-2017 at 02:26 AM..
Appreciate 0