10-30-2016, 05:44 AM   #2
MYK
///MYK
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by serrated View Post
Can others with the M Performance exhaust please let me know what they've noticed as far as how it behaves?

I LOVE the exhaust. It sounds amazing with the valves in either position.

But I noticed that the valves kept closing on me. I'm trying to hit my 1200 miles for break-in service, so I've done a lot of cruising around. During my cruise tonight, I noticed that the valves kept closing.

For those wondering how I can tell: for one, the noise difference is VERY significant, especially taking off from a stoplight in sport/sport+ in 1st gear. It's VERY loud. Second, if you double tap the button on the remote, it'll either blink five times (meaning valves were closed, and it's now going to open them), or it'll light up red, then fade off over a few seconds. (which means valves were open, but they're now closing.) This is according to the manual that came with the remote

What causes this? Is it me sitting still at stoplights? Is it figuring out that I'm not at a racetrack, so it closes the valves? Or is it a set period of time, then it automatically closes?

It's annoying having to re-open it often. Has anyone else noticed this?

Can this be coded?
I don't think it has ever closed on me while driving. I even tried to notice what happens when I turn off the car. Here's what I noticed so far.

Double click to open, double click to close. When open it keeps blinking every 5 seconds to let you know it is still open. When you turn off the car, it takes a few seconds to realize and then it lights on for a couple of seconds to let you know that it will close the valves and the blinking stops. But as I peek in the exhaust it is still open until I am back to turn it on I find it closed.

I had to figure all of this on my own since the dealer who installed it did not give me the manual and thought I would enjoy figuring this out. :|

I love the exhaust, traction "hidden" mode is still king whether valves are on or off.

What bothers me most is the cold start, the exhaust shakes and wiggles and it is extremely loud. First day I got it my wife's cayenne's alarm went on, which was cool for 5 seconds. Glad it didn't happen again though. The moving exhaust issue was also noted on the review posted a few days ago (M Performance Exhaust worth it or not?". So I assume it wasn't an installation issue.

Last edited by MYK; 10-30-2016 at 05:49 AM..
Appreciate 0