Skubalon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungE30 View Post
OK an update from my CA...
I was presented with 3 options and frankly I am not happy with any of them...

1.) Go take ED as planned, get to see my car, and the whole delivery experience and BMW will provide a car for me to use while on my trip. I will not be allowed to drive out with it. They will reimburse a monthly payment for my trouble.

2.) Cancel trip altogether and BMW will cover all cancellation costs as long as I provide receipts. Car will be delivered as soon as possible, with differential replaced, to my home dealer.

3.) Postpone the trip to a later date and BMW will cover all change fee costs. As you all know there is no ETA on when this affected car repairs will be completed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Yoda View Post
That's the options I was given also. Not happy with any of them.
I had no option but to take #1. We made it work - it was still a good time, just different than I had planned. I doubt that they will provide a "like for like" loaner, but it would be great if they did - we didn't have that option. I know it sucks - maybe because I've already been through the 5 stages of grief - but the success of the trip is up to you and your perspective.

I have received an acceptable offer of compensation from BMW for ruining my plans. It does include a month's worth of payments. It all works out in the end. Everyone makes mistakes - business (and life) is about how you recover. At this point I am going to accept their offer and move on - I'd still like to drive my car soon, but that will come.