David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungE30 View Post
OK an update from my CA...
I was presented with 3 options and frankly I am not happy with any of them...

1.) Go take ED as planned, get to see my car, and the whole delivery experience and BMW will provide a car for me to use while on my trip. I will not be allowed to drive out with it. They will reimburse a monthly payment for my trouble.

2.) Cancel trip altogether and BMW will cover all cancellation costs as long as I provide receipts. Car will be delivered as soon as possible, with differential replaced, to my home dealer.

3.) Postpone the trip to a later date and BMW will cover all change fee costs. As you all know there is no ETA on when this affected car repairs will be completed.
Has anyone asked if #1 could be the same model of car as what you are getting? When I go on vacation I would rather drive a car like mine but someone else's. I get a door ding or have to park in a sketchy neighborhood and I don't have to worry about it.

Then reality is stuff goes wrong and you then make the best of it. Spend enough time going on foreign vacations and you should be prepared for lots of things not going as planned. I think their options are reasonable and continuing to say "I want my car" is pointless.