View Single Post
      02-21-2016, 05:27 PM   #15
3tekcorps
Major
Rep
Drives: In Gestation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook410 View Post
To those hairy chested types that want as many decibels as possible in their visceral driving experience.. umm.. that's nice. Rather than trying to diminish what others want, just roll down the windows. Or see if there is a hack later to turn up the fake noise from the stereo..it was put there for you.

For those of us that want a quiet daily driver to enjoy Bach on the way to the office with minimal mechanical intrusion, tire of a loud drone cruising at 80mph for hours on end, and/or would like to carry on a conversation with someone while driving, I really do get it. Removing sound deadening is either a misguided candidate for weight loss or a cheap trick to make a car seem more sporting.

Thing is, very few of the reviews I saw even noted the sound level relative to highway driving. Possibly, as a demographic, they were all hairy chested too but I'm hoping the sound level will be tolerable. I mean, it would have taken line spaces away from oddly rabid rants about the rev match but I still think it would have been mentioned if it were really awful. In any case, if it is too loud for a car designed to somewhat evenly split track duties with more mundane pursuits, there is nothing we can do. At this point the alternatives fade and we'll just have to take the M2 for what it is.
I'm betting $54K the car will be totally fine as it comes from the factory. Maybe it will get a little snarly over 5,000 RPM with in Sport Mode. With the damper closed on the tail pipe I bet it's fine.

Active sound and forcing power seats on us is a total insult though. I don't care if Active Sound only increases weight by 1kg. Trashing that module will the the first and possible only mod I do on the car. The next will be manual seat retrofit if that's even possible.
Appreciate 0