02-21-2016, 01:38 PM   #7
swilliams
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tekcorps View Post
It's not really a sports car though. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's 3500 pounds. It's got power everything and it's a little piggy. It might as well be quiet on the freeway. All the M in the world can't overcome physics.

They removed sound deadening material to save weight, and installed Active Sound which increases weight. This is M at it's best. M as in Marketing! They don't care about the weight savings of removing insulation. They stuck us with 8 way power seats and an iPad in the dash.

If I wanted a hard core sports car I'd be looking at a Noble M400 or an Exige SC. The M2 a small GT car that can perform well.

Give me a manual rack and mid engine for my sports car please. Oh, and some ear plugs too My Elise gave me tinnitus after a long hard summer.
OK, to split hairs, the M2 is a sport-y daily driver. Which is what M cars have always been. But I agree on the seats, we should have the option for manuals. How often do people adjust their damn seats?!

Does active sound actually increase weight? The speakers are already there. Maybe there's a tiny extra microphone in the engine bay.
Appreciate 2
ORIGIN M.3159.50