Quote:
Originally Posted by abirmaher View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by abirmaher View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
I can vouch for AIM, I have one of their dash data loggers. Having full telemetry from the car is quite trick. Steering wheel angle for example. It's just a shame the end user can't add to the list. It'd be fun to have read outs from the ride height sensors and M Diff lock ratio.
Absolutely. Which one are you running? Solo 2? What kind of data are you able to collect? Running vía OBD or hard wired?
Agreed. I'm running the solo 2 DL. Hardwired to canbus and 12v.

All kinds of data available.
Awesome to hear. How was install? How do you have it mounted? Any info you can provide is appreciated as this is the way I think I'm leaning.
Install wasn't bad, but im fairly handy with electronics. I tapped the 2 canbus lines in the FEM and ran switched power from the trunk. There's probably some coming to the FEM, but I didn't have a diagram handy and honestly it's a pain working from there.

I actually drilled a hole in the underside of my passenger footwell and installed a 4 pin aviation jack. Then soldered the female connect to the end of the line going to the solo. That way, I can remove it when I'm not at the track.

The one problem I had with this is it seems the solo does not "hangup" the canbus lines when you shut the car off. This caused a warning to come up when I started the car back up letting me know something was draining power.

To combat this, I built a small 2 channel relay box that completely severs the canbus lines when the ignition power is turned off. If you search around here for aim solo, you'll probably find my post about it. Also have some stuff on my IG, and my YouTube video doing the ECA-2 install touches on it a bit.

To mount to the dash, I used a proclip and a ram ball mounted to the back of the solo mount. This let's me position it right over the vents in direct view while I'm driving. It's super secure.

This is honestly a really good setup if you're a data nerd like me. Plus, you can make some nice overlays with gopro footage, or if you don't mind sacraficing a bit of quality for ease of use, the Smartycam HD.
Thanks for all of that. I'll have to look into it and find your post. Do you leave it on always or just put it in the car when on the track?
Appreciate 0