08-01-2020, 01:42 PM   #18
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
I. . . I can't bring the steering wheel back to matte that is that far gone. I have not spent that much time on it though. Maybe another round of leatherique . . . will fix it.
Akkando

I too like a clean steering wheel . . . not just the look of the matte finish, but the grippy feel associated with a clean (matte) finish.

There are not many car maintenance products that stand 'heads and toes' above others on the market . . . but I am of the opinion Leatherique is one such product.

Regarding the 'shiny' appearance on OPs steering wheel, that is simply the accumulation of body oils and dirts . . . and likely a bunch of other leather cleaning products. If used properly, Leatherique could most definitely return it to the matte look and feel.

By 'properly' I mean application of rejuvenator fluid for extended period (2-4+ days). Using the cleaner fluid regularly will 'maintain' the matte (clean) leather. It never ceases to amaze my just how much dirt comes off with the cleaner fluid after just a couple weeks. Obviously the steering wheel gets dirtiest (shiny) quickest and requires more maintenance than other leather in the vehicle, with the driver seat coming next.

Regarding the leather wear in terms of superficial flaking, well, that is just from usage. I believe, however, routine use of Leatherique can prevent or, at least, minimize such wear over time.

///AVM

P.S. I am not big into maintenance of car aesthetics, but I do care about things related to driving performance. For example, clean windows and steering wheel. As above, I am a firm believer in the Leatherique product. Below is a great video on the product, including real-life demonstration of how well it works, as well as dispelling some myths regarding 'conditioning treated leather.'

Last edited by ///AVM; 08-01-2020 at 01:48 PM..
Appreciate 1
VisualEcho6638.00