View Single Post
      09-24-2009, 08:10 PM   #113
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94JZA80 View Post
yeah, even if that power hurts you in the twisties, you'll more than make up for it on the straights. to be perfectly honest with you, i think a ~stock 135i would have trouble shaking a ~stock e36 M3 on the track despite the power advantage. the e36 M3 grips and handles so damn well...the 135i not so much...

i know...i drove it the other night (perks of being the owner's brother)...and let me tell you its ! right now its running on a slightly modified stage 3 tune and only 13psi - it pulled the Supra pretty good last night too . hard to imagine how fast its going to be once it goes back to Nick to the true custom tune.

anyways, back on topic, i'm getting excited about your car . its pretty cool to have a 35R build and a PT6262 build going on the same forums at the same time.
yeah I hear ya, power in the twisties is certainly not necessary, there you need grip and brakes (which are next). Once you can stretch the cars legs I imagine its going to scream.

hit another problem today. The car is ALIVE, but there is a leak on the wastegate pipe and the vband off the turbo. They stopped working on it at 9pm tonight, couldnt ask for more out of them.

tomorrow they will pull the downpipe and wastegate setup again and shave down the wastegate flange a bit to make a better seal. Not sure what we're going to do about the vband leak.......

EDIT: ok apparently Ray at the shop couldnt stop working because he's obsessed with getting it done. He just called me at 10pm and really wants to build a new wastegate pipe. I agree, the current one looks like ass warmed over. The flange on the current wastegate pipe is warped causing a pre-turbo exhaust leak which is basically a boost leak.

he'll build a new one tomorrow and he needs some new material.

another day to wait.

Last edited by Sniz; 09-24-2009 at 09:08 PM..
Appreciate 0