Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerNooob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
What he should do is try to get some car blogs/websites to run a story on it. When there is bad press suddenly they change their tune, it was all a misunderstanding.
This might be the path I have to take.

I don't understand why it is now all up to me to do the legwork on getting my car repaired, even though the car is under their supervision when the tow truck hit it in the parking lot.

I've already contacted BMW USA to let them know about the CELs, the gum, and now the accident. I've also let them know, that if they resolved the CEL correctly the 1st time I dropped it off for 2 full business days, then the 2nd CEL wouldn't have happened NOR this tow truck incident.

The dealership has already taken a stance of "you need to get the car fixed with the tow truck insurance and asked for DV" and that seems as much as they are going to be "courteous" and "help" me out at this point.
I kind of get the dealer's stance that the tow truck collided with the stationary vehicle so they should be liable but since they had the vehicle in their possession, they should take upon themselves to pay for the damages and subrogation back from the tow truck carrier.

Because I tell you, commercial insurance carriers are usually very difficultly to deal with, they delay and obfuscate until you're worn down.

Try to get the dealer to take responsible or if not, file a claim under your own collision coverage and let them handle it.
Appreciate 0