View Single Post
      12-13-2019, 12:31 PM   #50
New2Roundel
Captain
Rep
Drives: Some fun stuff

Garage List
For my own cars, yeah, it's all about the emotion. Is it fun? Is it different enough from what I have at the time? If the answer is yes to both, I'm usually pretty smitten with something. However, I HATE buying and selling cars---I just like driving them.

As I've gotten older, the question I've wrestled with is if my next cars should just be fun or also be a model with a storied history. I look back at my cars and several have fit that bill: GTI, Mustang, and M3. So then it becomes, should my next cars be a corvette and 911? Or should I venture out of that mind set and buy something interest built outside of Germany and the US? I love German cars and I've owned a couple of domestic cars that I enjoyed. I had a Peugeot as a hand-me-down, so I have experienced a French car. So what about the Brits, Italians, and Swedes? Never owned a car from those countries. Never owned a Japanese car either. (we do have a hyundai, but that's not Japanese).

My problem is that like the OP, I'm pretty happy with the M3. At this point, I'd perhaps be moving WAY up in cost or switching out just for the sake of something new.
Appreciate 0