View Single Post
      12-09-2019, 08:47 PM   #48
adc100
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

All my life I skimped on vehicles. I always bought new but always very few frills. Always kept them for 100K+ miles. In the last few years I gave my 01 Nissan Sentra with the SR20DE engine to my granddaughter I replaced it with a '19Spark manual shift. ... Huge mistake. Then in 2018 I gave our 08 Subaru Forester to my granddaughter's husband.

That was the wife Car. I always want her to have a nice safe car so I replaced it with an '18 Forester. With all the bells in whistles. Totally out of character..for me.

A bit later 7 months ago I decided I would treat myself. Sold the Sark to a nice kid at a great price. Bought a '19 Crosstrek after driving one. Lots of bells and whistles. Fell in love with the car . I like it better than the XT.

Bottom line: I got tired of scrimping. oh yea..I'm 73 and really at my age I could buy anything..even a BMW in fact I looked at an X3 (a friend bought one partially on my recommendation). But I wanted something smaller and I like Subaru's AWD concept. (Not saying Subaru is a better car).
Appreciate 0