Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkla-ace View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Looks great, can't tell if it's a wrap though... At the top of the fender there is a deviation in the weave. But also in the last picture, they have tape over the rear moulding, to presumably hold it in place while some adhesive dries, so I'm not sure. Would love to know more, specifically weight.
real carbon kit...bro
I didn't really doubt it wasn't real but the A-pillar in carbon fiber kind of had me wondering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Not hating, but if this is real carbon where did you buy all the panels, I'd like to buy a carbon rear bumper?

The only extensive amount of carbon I found for the m2 is: Hood, trunk lid, roof, fenders, and doors. But no A pillars, or rear fenders which requires extensive cutting and spot welds to be drilled out to remove the factory rear fender, and then rivets to be put in for the new carbon panel. This is what had me skeptical that the parts were real carbon, plus the A pillar too since that is a structural component for roll overs.

Also if you do have carbon doors you better get a full cage that has a brace by the door for side intrusion in the event of a crash, carbon may be strong but when you get into a crash it doesnt flex and crumple which still allows for the door to protect the occupants, carbon kind of shatters or snaps into large pieces. So if you get hit you will likely lose the door and have no protection the initial impact. They also sell door crash beams made out of aluminium for the inside of doors which can help solve this.
i sended orginal kit to the carbon factory and then they are making mould and i was provide my car for them about 3 month to develop