12-06-2019, 02:18 AM   #34
av.7447
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E39, E60 M5, F06 M6, F15, F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
If the OP complains about the ride in the M5C, he probably won't like the M2C any better in that regard.

I've driven both (and M3 and M4) at the BMW performance center, and when it came time to buy, I bought the M2. I could afford the M5 (well.... not as a toy but as my DD) but chose the M2. And that left money on the table for a comfortable DD.

Of course, had the M5 been available with a manual, that might have made the choice a bit more difficult.

FYI I've had 3 E39 M5s, so I tend to lean that way. Unfortunately the E60 and F10 both left me cold.

I drove the M2C, and the ride quality on that car is just perfect for what it is. The reason I complained about the ride quality in the M5 is because that car is unnecessarily harsh for a 4 door luxury m car. I can bet you anything that if they would make the ride much smoother, like on the e60 m5 at least, it’s track performance wouldn’t suffer even a bit considering the excellent adaptive dampers! I am truly puzzled for the reasons behind it’s suspension being so stiff... maybe it is some stupid new bmw marketing thing where people think that if the car is stiffer it will handle much better.... Now if I would be buying a manual M2 or an M4, I would automatically expect the ride to be harsh as these are real sports cars and I have absolutely nothing against that.

As of the M5 Vs M2, maybe it is a better idea to grab one of the last manual M4’s before their production is finished in June 2020. ��
Appreciate 0