View Single Post
      12-01-2019, 02:46 AM   #27
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by av.7447 View Post
Getting bored with my M5 and thinking of trading it for the new M2 competition while waiting for the new M3... please tell me I am doing the right thing! �� When I went to the M tour, every time it felt like the M2 was the most special and fun car on their lot. Either way, I thought, it only worth it to get it in manual! What do you guys think?
I drove the M5 on track briefly and found it extremely capable but a bit distant and soft compared to the M4 and M2. It performs better, but it just wasn't as enjoyable for me. It is easier to drive, too.

I think you have to figure out what you want from the car. The interior and ride quality will both be a lot better in the M5. If you drive sedately most of the time and don't track, I think you would be better served staying with the M5. If you track the car or want to have more fun, then the M2 is the way to go.

If you have the money, I'd personally suggest you keep the M5 and get a dedicated sports car. It's pretty hard to beat a combo of something like an M5 and a Boxster Spyder.
Appreciate 0