View Single Post
      11-06-2019, 06:02 AM   #14
cb804
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340 xDrive, M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2C89 View Post
Disclaimer: I own a 2020 M2C, which I bought with plenty of lead time and knowledge the CS was on the horizon.

I would argue that the M2C is closer to 90% of the CS. Let's be honest, most of the standard features of the CS are straight from the BMW M Performance catalog.

If you optioned your M2C like I did, with the M Performance CF spoiler, CF mirror caps, CF diffuser, CF front lip, the Alcántara Electronic race steering wheel, and the stainless steel pedals, then you're even closer.

That being said, yes those items are now standard on the CS but you're also going to pay for them in the cost, make no mistake! That's not accounting for the inevitable mark-up dealers are going to charge for the limited run.

The 39HP, the seats, hood and roof are about the only things off the top of my head that aren't from the catalogue.

I doubt you'd notice the .1 second faster to 60MPH from the additional 39HP and while nice, if you really want that power, get the CS tune flashed to your M2C when that's available..... the hardware is exactly the same, no?

With all that, I'd love to have the CF roof and the hood would be cool... the seats are meh...

Long story short, if you really want the CS and are okay with paying the premium, by all means.

If not, you're certainly not sacrificing much at all for a car that looks and functions 95% (with those M performance parts, 90% without) the same, in my opinion.
Pretty much the same thoughts from me. I knew the CS was coming and bought a M2C a few months ago. No regrets, it's a fun entertaining car.

Some people seem to think the suspension is a bit harsh but I like it. In some respects, the non-runflat tires and the suspension set up handle some roads better than my 340 with runflats. I can do without the adaptive dampers.

Will you notice 39hp more? Highly doubt it and I am sure a tune will be available after the release of the CS.

Then there is the issue of whether you can actually secure a CS... only 500 for USA? Going to be out of reach of most people.

Don't forget color choices! I really wanted Long Beach Blue.
Attached Images

Last edited by cb804; 11-06-2019 at 06:13 AM..
Appreciate 1
bplewis24188.50