View Single Post
      10-01-2019, 10:30 PM   #2
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by frosty2k View Post
Is there much difference in ceramic coating brands? I cant seem to find this anywhere online. I found some posts about the best DIY kits, mostly about their ease of install but I don't plan on attempting this myself.

When I talk to professional detaliers I see CeramicPro, 22PLE and Xpel Fusion+. There doesn't seem to be much information about these online. Does anyone have experience with these? If I choose the ultimate version of one of these, is there really much difference?

Oh, and I'm planning on putting this over a full wrap of Xpel Ultimate+
None of us really know or have the tools, equipment, and testing capabilities to definitively find out. Every manufacturer will tell you why theirs is the best, but honestly, i think they are all about the same. Kind of like automotive paint. Who's the best? Who knows. I think a lot of it comes down to ease of application and since you are paying someone else to apply, just find a pro you are comfortable with, who has good reviews, and go with whatever he recommends.

Keep in mind, every ceramic coating takes some sort of maintenance. They all degrade and disappear over time so keeping up with an easy to apply ceramic based top coat to "refresh" your professionally applied base coating is key. So maybe go with a product that your installer can professionally apply, but has an ecosystem of DIY friendly refresher coatings that you can apply every 4 to 6 months.

I installed Geyon MOHS 3 years ago and keep up on it with their refresher products like can-coat every 6 months or so. The base coating is still doing its job and shedding water and dirt like a MOFO.

So long story short, dont get hung up on which one is "perfect." They are all pretty good. Just pull the trigger and you'll be glad you did.
Appreciate 2