View Single Post
      06-17-2015, 02:54 PM   #38
sth519
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M135i → M2 → i4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman View Post
Frankly, the more time I spend looking at these mules, the less excited I get about the design.

I don't see any design "visual cues" that were supposed to be taken from the Vision GT. Sure there is the camo to contend with, but the outline of the car is visible from all angles. And there aren't any positions on the mules body which suggest a hidden surprise. A new vent hole in the rear bumper, to me, isn't that big a deal.
What I do see when I look at all the mules is an M2 which has taken it's design cues from the M235i racing and not the Vision GT. In the end, the M2 being a quasi M235i racing. That's not a bad thing, the M235i racing is a nice looking car. But that's all.
From a design standpoint, the promises of the past year or so, to me, don't seem like they are going to materialize; so, I'm recalibrating my enthusiasm.
Maybe I'm seeing it wrong but in my opinion it could look a lot like the Vision GT6, but of course toned down and shrunk to street-car proportions.

On the front you see the tips of the "fangs" peeking out below what seems to be just a big stripe of camo running from left to right. We don't know how that part will look without the camo but it definitely doesn't rule out the GT6 design. Quite the opposite since the "fangs" hint a lot at a GT6-style intake area.

On the side it seems to get the vents on the front fenders, although of course less pronounced. I expect it to look similar to the M4 in that regard. I guess the rear fenders won't get any of the GT6's special features, though. They'll probably "just" be wider than on the standard M235i.

The rear is the hardest to guess, especially from the videos. On photos it looks like the design will have the vertical lines of the GT6 on the far left and right but I'm not sure about the rest. Also the little diffuser on the bottom is vaguely similar to the GT6 but of course smaller and also housing the actual exhausts.
Appreciate 0