Brandt51
Flavor of the month
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW F87  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
The direct plug in works way better than the Wi-Fi setup in all BMWs.

I occasionally drive a friend's Alfa with direct USB plug in CarPlay, there is never a loading error, the fidelity quality is at high bit rate and with the music or voice audio, there is no latency delay in transfer, from sound to picture or call, as there is with the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth BMW wireless streaming.

I like the concept of everything wireless but sometimes old-school direct connection can be the better option, until technology improves and there is a more precise connection, without much loss in sound quality buy a broader bandwidth KBPS transfer, as there is with a wired connection.
Huh, that's weird because I have zero problems in the M2 with Apple carplay. It works 100% of the time and fast. But in my 17 Ford SuperDuty, there's a long delay when the phone gets plugged in. Even if I plug it in before starting it. And occasionally it locks up the Ford Sync system. I'd still buy this truck again though

I've never tried to make apple car play plug in only on the M2. I do use the fancy BMW Lightning cord to charge it though as opposed to the wireless thing in the armrest.
2020 F87 M2 Comp
Appreciate 0