03-16-2020, 05:07 PM   #7
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
So far pretty much everything on my schedule is still "officially" on - but I doubt its going to stay that way. WRL is still saying their Mid-Ohio race the first week of April is still a go - I do not see that happening but who knows. Either way Ohio doesn't sound like a very attractive place to visit right now.

The highlight of my racing year was going to be the TCR Spa 500 the first weekend of May. The Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps is the top track on my list to drive - and was going to be on a team of 4 there in what is pretty much a 23 hour race - and racing in a brand new M2 CS Racing. They have not said anything yet but just don't see this one happening either. I was so looking forward to this one, was going to be epic.

The only race so far that I know is 100% not happening when it was scheduled for is the 24hr Creventic race at COTA in November. They rescheduled the Moto GP race there for that weekend... Hopefully it gets rescheduled but have not heard and do not really expect to hear anything on it soon. Was going to be racing in the M2 CS Racing again too.

The good thing is these big chunks of asphalt and concrete will still be there when things normal out. Hope everyone stays healthy and safe out there - looks like it will be crazy for a bit.
Wow, sounds like a hell of a season, even if things have to shift around a bit. I did Spa last April for the first time. It really surpassed my expectations, what an amazing track. I'm planning to go back in spring of 2021 to do it one more time before my 3 year assignment in Germany ends. I hope your season turns out ok, even half of what you have planned would be amazing.

Video from Spa last year. Managed 3.02.1 in Comfort mode since I didn't figure out the TPMS reset trick till later, and 38F high for the day. That probably cost me about 2-3s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Cheap Mexican beer will always affect your track days!
Between that and heartburn it's definitely not a good combination!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomzoommo View Post
. Maybe we have a social responsibility to forego these events? Easy for me to say after going this weekend...
I think us being locked in our cars most of the day is as isolated as one can hope. Now we just need Skype for the driver's meetings and we should be good to go!
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 3